About

MOTHERS' DAY AT KINDER

Friday 26 May 2017



Today was a special day for me. Ever since Zac was born I've dreamed about the day that he would come home from kinder or school with art projects or things he had made with his hands. And whilst he's turned out to not be super huge into artsy crafting like his mama, when we went into his kinder this morning for our Mothers' Day morning tea, Zac had a whole heap of little gifts which he had made just for me.
A necklace made of pasta (I remember making these when i was little too), a hat made of streamers, cupcake liners, lace, feathers and all sorts of wonderful things (Zac has been calling it my crown though haha), a card with his painted hand print, a mason jar he had painted and then planted a succulent in, and a little painted, paper plate basket filled with lots of cookies and treats that he has been making in class over the last couple of weeks. He was so excited to give them to me and I can tell you that I completely melted.

We spent the rest of our time eating pancakes and fairy bread, playing outside, making mummy and me hand print paintings and digging in the sand pit.

Seb came along too and had the best time running around wild outside. I swear I was having heart attacks every 5 minutes when he would climb to the top of the playground. That boy has the tendency to act first think second and I was terrified he'd try to jump off from the top. Because you know, jumping off everything is how we role right now.

When we got home, Zac insisted that I not take off my necklace or crown and so of course they were still on when I tucked them into bed tonight. And let's be honest, they will probably be worn most of the weekend too. He spoilt me rotten today and I absolutely love him (and his handy work) to bits.











No comments:

Post a Comment